Historical UserReport was a website centric system to measure website audience with survey and passive tracking, and connect behavior to demographic data with Google Analytics integrations.
In same time a lot of companies own multiple websites and learning audience of your company was a bit cumbersome:
- each website should be registered individually
- each website had own survey with own custom questions
- it is pretty hard to build report of audiences across all websites
So we understood needs of these companies and transforming our product to better solve these issues.
In addition we see need for companies to learn audience that use their mobile applications and collect feedback using UserReport.
Obviously, such transformation is not possible without adding new words to product glossary.
Previously all websites was personally owned with ability to share access to management and reports. Now we introduce company that own websites. Users will belong to companies with different permissions and limitation to what websites they can see. User can be part of many companies as well as create additional companies - this scenario works fine for Agencies.
It is generic word for website in new setup. Media has few required properties:
- Native iOS App
- Native Android App
We choose to use media instead of website to emphasis that it is company's digital touchpoint with audience. For instance if website has desktop and mobile versions on different domains (www.mycompany.com and m.mycompany - it is still one media, even with two domains.
Also we distinguish natives apps in different type of media because they most likely have different audiences and implementation is different.
Network is a named group of media, like a folder. When creating a company we automatically create network with name equals to company name.
When creating a media - you need to choose to what network it belongs. Network aims to help to organize media when company owns a lot, it is possible to change media network any time and it is usually applied like a filter over media list.
- Company is a blog platform and blogger create choose primary category of his posts. Each category should be represented as Network in UserReport - it will allow to easily see audience of particular category of blogs or target questions to be asked on media that belong to specific network.
- Company owns media in different languages. By creating network for each supported language it is possible to easily filter media in survey editor, when configuring Audience kits
Network is usable to companies with a lot of media, however smaller companies should not notice its presence.
It is part of website media that can be identified by URL. Like sports or politics section on news website. It is possible to get audience overview of section visitors, target survey question to be asked to section visitors
Labels help to organize media and sections, like a secondary dimension in comparison to network. It is possible to set multiple labels to media, section. Labels can be used to filter media and sections in different interfaces.