We made a WordPress plugin for UserReport which makes it easy to insert the UserReport script in the right place on your WordPress website. If you would rather install the script manually to your WordPress website follow the instructions below.
Adding the tracking code to a WordPress website manually
- First you have to login to the admin area of your blog. You can usually do this by visiting http://myblog.com/wp-admin/
- In the left side menu, select “Appearance” -> “Editor” or "Presentation" -> "Theme Editor" (depending on version and setup).
- The next step is to paste the tracking code in immediately before the “</head>” tag.
- Most probably you will find it in “footer.php” if you are using a pretty common theme.
- In some cases (usually if you are using custom templates) the “<head>” can be found in the “index.php”.
- Anyway, locate the “<head>” tag and then paste your tracking code from UserReport.
- Click “Update File”