How to install UserReport script with Google Tag Manager
If you are using Google Tag Manager to handle scripts and tags on your website, you can also install the UserReport script through Google Tag Manager.
The process is easy and simple: learn how to implement the script with Google Tag Manger by watching this video or read about it in our guide underneath.
You can find your UserReport company-centric script in your account, in the media section. For further information, please read this guide.
1. Navigate to your workspace in Google Tag Manager and press "New Tag"
2. Now you can proceed and configure the tag:
- Name the tag “AudienceProject Tag”
- Press "Tag Configuration"
- Search for "UserReport” custom tag and select it
3. Select UserReport and type in your UserReport account ID.
You can find your account ID in your UserReport account, in media settings under “setup”. The account ID is the part of your company-centric script following sak.userreport.com. In this case, it is “de9cf68b"
4. In "Advanced settings", set a high priority, like 1000 or higher so that the script is executed as early as possible. Then, in "Tag firing options", set up to fire "Once per page".
5. In "Triggering", choose the option "All Pages".
6. Please remember to save the tag
7. Preview your tag before publication or publish
That's it - you just created a tag containing your UserReport script and published it to your website using Google Tag Manager.
It’s very easy to test if your implementation works! Simply put ?__urp=test_invite after your website URL in the browser – like http://www.mywebsite.com/?__urp=test_invite
This will open your website and force the survey to appear for testing purposes – if you have implemented the script correctly. Please note that the survey runs in demo-mode when forcing it to appear using this method. This means that the answers won’t be saved.
For clients using other products from the AudienceProject universe
By default, this script has UserReport functionality but may carry functionality to measure DoubleClick For Publisher Campaigns, provide targeting data to Ad-server you are using, measure audience for Kits or any other functionality you have subscribed to have.
In the ideal scenario that script needs to be added to the <head> section of a website. Please note that this script is marked as async so it will not block page rendering until executed, so it is safe to deploy like this.
If you are using AudienceProject solutions related to ads-measurement or prediction, that is one thing to keep in mind - script needs to be loaded before ads are requested from an ad-server.
That is possible to achieve by deploying the code through Google Tag Manager guide above.